Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Cherry Filled Vegan Cupcakes

In an earlier post I made DIY wedding decorations I told how I saved money on the cake by making my own cupcakes, I want to share the recipe that I used with you! They are delicious so delicious these cupcakes won on Cupcake wars. I used Chloe Coscarelli's  Vanilla cupcakes recipe that I found here at  Chloe Coscarelli's page. I decided I wanted cherries in mine instead of the other ingredients in the recipe.  I hope you enjoy them as much as my guest at our wedding and I did!! 

Vanilla Cupcakes

 1 ½ cup all-purpose flour


  • 1 cup sugar
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • ½ teaspoon salt
  • ¾ cup soy, almond, or rice milk
  • ½ cup canola oil
  • 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tablespoons white or apple cider vinegar
  • Preheat oven 350 degrees  
  • In a medium bowl combine all ingredients  and mix just until moistened do not over mix!















Line 12 cupcake pans and fill them 3/4 the way full
















Bake for 18 minutes 

















Let cool, once cool cup the tops off the cupcakes and remove them *

















Fill the holes with cherry pie filling

















When the cupcakes were baking and cooling I mixed up the frosting

Frosting

2 tablespoons grenadine 


1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract

  • 1 cup non-hydrogenated vegetable shortening
  • 3 cups powdered sugar
  • 1/4  tsp. almond extract 

In a medium bowl combine all ingredients

With an electric mixer, mix all ingredients until smooth, add a little water if needed

















Once mixed well,  put frosting in a quart sized zip lock bag

















Snip one of the bottom corners to allow for piping onto the cup cakes

















Pipe frosting onto your cup cakes

















Eat up!!! I hope you enjoy them as much as my family does! Please leave a comment on how your turned out.

*I placed my cupcake tops in a bowl put some of the cherries and frosting in there and Brad and I ate it like that. You won't want to waste a bit of them!!

No comments:

Post a Comment